Author Topic: My new test server  (Read 643 times)

[R]EnzoMortelli

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
Re: My new test server
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 09:53:14 am »
As i know Dejo, i bet he wants you as Dev or even Manager for his server project. He was constantly aquiring new staff for his server ever since, and does not let go on any tiniest chance to get more people. He made me co-owner, though i was never more than three times on his server at all. If you want my advice, sell your house, get a new name, leave the country - or he will always find you.

Gryphus One

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
  • Busy with learning to script
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 08:05:54 pm »
As i know Dejo, i bet he wants you as Dev or even Manager for his server project. He was constantly aquiring new staff for his server ever since, and does not let go on any tiniest chance to get more people. He made me co-owner, though i was never more than three times on his server at all. If you want my advice, sell your house, get a new name, leave the country - or he will always find you.

You guessed right, I sent him a pm in Samp forums asking him what it was about and yeah, he wants me to script for his server. Of course I have told him that I'm busy with scripting my server.

qwerbeet

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2013, 08:52:56 am »
Now i think i will create my own server too!  ::)

[R]EnzoMortelli

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »
Everybody is creating servers nowadays :D weird times.

Gryphus One

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2013, 12:05:06 am »
Everybody is creating servers nowadays :D weird times.

Probably you know that I have wanted to create mine for 2 years (out of 3 years that I have been playing Samp for). If I haven't created my server before, is just because I first tried to recruit scripters to do the work for me, until I realized that it's better to do it myself.

[R]EnzoMortelli

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2013, 12:27:11 am »
Yea well, the scripters that wouldn't take money never do exactly what you want. Also those who'd take money for it won't do either.

Still it actually works quite well if you have people who you trust and who are actually understanding your idea, which deliver acceptable code, and you just take it and integrate/modify it to your needs.

Gryphus One

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 01:26:45 am »

Yeah this picture reflects very well what I mean: my gamemode has some very specific pieces of script for some very particular purposes, and trying to explain them all to a scripter to code them for me probably would have led to misunderstandings and the script not being exactly the way I want it to be. Apart from the personal satisfaction I get from scripting it myself and all the money I would have spent in case of hiring a scripter (not to mention the trouble of finding bugs and having to tell him to fix them).

By the way, I have added a new db feature: when you db someone, and if that player is in the green zone, your vehicle loses some health. This way I give a concession to db haters while still keeping db possible.

OFF-TOPIC: I think Simple Machines Forum is bugged: I didn't receive any email notification of Enzo's last reply, and in other SMF based forums I'm having similar problems, whereas some time ago they were working perfectly. And it sucks that this is happening exactly now, when I'm thinking of creating a forum for my server.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:33:14 am by Gryphus One »

[R]EnzoMortelli

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 01:02:56 pm »
I must say, the forum i set up for the software project last year still runs fine tho it's smfnew aswell.

Gryphus One

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »
I have added a new feature: when you fly a Rustler and you kill a player that has a minigun, your Rustler is automatically repaired. This will level the playing field even more and make things even better for Rustlers.
I hope Qwerbeet likes it.

qwerbeet

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 02:27:11 pm »
Oh comeon alsonso, You know that I dislike miniguns and Hunters. Unfotunately that feature doesnt change much... But as i already said: Cut your own path mate, its your server!

[R]EnzoMortelli

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 04:50:19 pm »
Are you going to upgrade it to 0.3x?

Gryphus One

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »
Are you going to upgrade it to 0.3x?

Yes I will, but first I will have to re-host it again with another ip: I had it hosted with Volt-Host in France, but yesterday their French server was down all day long, and today when I tried to access my server control panel, there was a note by them saying that they are closing their French server because of all the problems it was giving, and that they have opened another server in UK instead. At least they have been upright and have offered free hosting for a month as a compensation.
But that's not the only problem: I want to include my server in Hosted tab, but that will be hard: the standard procedure would be to register an account at game-mp.com and pay for the Hosted tab, but they are not accepting any new account registrations because their list is full. Some server hosters offer Hosted tab if you host your server with them, but the only one I know is ColorHost, and  sa-mp forums is full of very bad opinions on that hosting. So my only option left is to find someone who has an account in game-mp.com and pay him to add my server.

Gryphus One

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 08:50:47 pm »
Ok my server is now in Hosted tab, its ip is 37.59.52.164:6720 and running in 0.3x
I have hosted it in Hostspree.net because it offers Hosted tabs, although probably its hardware is far less powerful than that of Volt-Host, so I don't know how its performance will be if I get many players. Therefore in case of lag I might host it somewhere else, implying another ip change.

Now I have to create a forum, I'm thinking of buying a domain.

[R]EnzoMortelli

• [R]ustler Team member
  • Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 10:34:45 am »
Volt-Host is ****.

qwerbeet

• Administrator
  • Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 02:59:00 pm »
Ok my server is now in Hosted tab, its ip is 37.59.52.164:6720 and running in 0.3x
I have hosted it in Hostspree.net because it offers Hosted tabs, although probably its hardware is far less powerful than that of Volt-Host, so I don't know how its performance will be if I get many players. Therefore in case of lag I might host it somewhere else, implying another ip change.

Now I have to create a forum, I'm thinking of buying a domain.

Do you want your own section for this? You could use this forums for your server maybe. So if you get players there they can check this for updates..